GO >  PEN HOME | Forums | SiteMap | On The Job Injury | Resource Gateway | Change Your Address  | Search


Article Selection Gateway

We have updated The Belden Factor. Please use the topic list below to read your desired article. All articles are copyright Postal Employee Network and Denny Belden.

Sick Leave in Conjunction with Non-Scheduled Day
Many questions have been asked about Sick Leave in conjunction with non-scheduled days. Denny has detailed a calendar explaining the chances of this happening. See this page

Articles Written by: Denny Belden - Read About Denny
Orlando, FL NALC Branch 1091
AKA: VetCarrier

NEWEST ARTICLES

- Controlling the Grievance - Part 2
- Controlling the Grievance- Part 1
- BY THE BOOK
- A “No Mail” List?

NOTE: Newest article posted under the highest number.

  1. The Confusion of Holiday Scheduling
  2. No More Marriage Mail
  3. What Are You Thinking (2)
  4. So, What Have You Done for Me Lately?
  5. USPS Mgmt in a Hot Air Balloon
  6. What are you Thinking?
  7. “Bumping” and How this Affects You
  8. Top Ten Unanswered Postal Questions
  9. The Mouse Story
  10. Route Counts and Inspections
  11. MSP SCANS
  12. DOIS and Dingbats
  13. Postal Inspectors
  14. Are you on the Track Team?
  15. The USPS Outplacement Pilot Initiative
  16. WHAT ARE MY WEINGARTEN RIGHTS?
  17. VOE Revisited - VOE Surveys-Here We Go Again!
  18. They Screwed Up My Route, Now What?
  19. April Notes
  20. From The Editor of The Belden Factor - Denny Belden
  21. “I’M GONNA HAVE TA HAVE A LOOONG TALK WITH THAT BOY!”
  22. “STUMP THE CHUMP!”
  23. Postal Management Scuttles Agreement On Route Inspections
  24. Requesting Medical Documentation
  25. Titusville and the 8 hr. Routes!

  26. IDIOTS DON’T KNOW THEY’RE IDIOTS!

  27. Making a Difference

  28. USPS Injury Comp. Office Friend or Foe?

  29. Stupid Is As Stupid Does

  30. CONGRATULATIONS to Laird Atkins!

  31. MAX OFF! … Not So Fast!

  32. Workers’ Comp & USPS Transformation

  33. SATCHELS, EFFICIENCY RANKINGS, AND SOUND JUDGMENT?

  1. Local Forms, CA-1, & Rotating ODL list!

  2. Mixed Flats, Form 3189, Unsatisfactory Attendance, Covert Observation, & Reporting Accidents

  3. Multiple Topics - Scanners/Street Standards/3996/1571 etc Scanner ID #, No Street Standard, 3996 & 1571 Copies, Eff. Count & OT

  4. Requesting Steward Time

  5. DOIS and Unauthorized OT

  6. Failure To Meet Standards

  7. Rinse…Lather…Repeat!

  8. Covert Observation

  9. THE 5 O’CLOCK GOAL

  10. The Difficulties of Being a Steward

  11. DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCESS - Friend or Foe

  12. IS DISCIPLINE COMING FROM YOUR SUPERVISOR?

  13. Verification…For What?

  14. VOE SURVEYS-REVISITED

  15. Q and A’s

  16. Decisions Decisions! Breaks

  17. USPS Moronagement

  18. Decisions Decisions! T-6 Issues

  19. “Well, Now Aren’t We Special!…”

  20. If I Sign It…Am I Saying I’m Guilty?

  21. 3996 Estimates Do Not Mean Exact!

  22. BEING CHALLENGED WITH DOIS PROJECTIONS

  23. BY THE BOOK

  24. A “No Mail” List?

  25. Controlling the Grievance- Part 1

  26. Controlling the Grievance - Part 2

 

PEN HOME

USPS Discounts
PostalEASE Login
LiteBlue
EAP4you.com

 

Sick Leave In Conjunction With Non-Scheduled Day

Calendar Legend
 Yellow: Days Off/NS Days - Red: Days in Conjunction With Days Off - Blue: Sunday
White: Only day a carrier can call in without being in conjunction with an N/S day.

NOTE: You can also download a PDF version of this calendar here.

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wed

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

29

30

31

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

13

14

15

16

17

18

19

20

21

22

23

24

25

26

27

28

29

30

31

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

To call in on a day not in conjunction with an day off can only be done on 36.11% of the days available in a six week period. The chances of calling in on a day in conjunction with a day off is 63.89%.

Formula:
- 6 working days for 6 weeks= 36 days
- 13 not in conjunction with 13 divided by 36, % key =36.11%
- 23 divided by 36, % key= 63.89%

NOTE
You can also download a PDF version of this calendar here.

 

 
  The Stuird CD and Postal Employee Disk
PLEASE NOTE:
We have suspended the sale of The Stuird CD and the Postal Employee Disk until further notice.
The Stuird CD and Postal Employee Disk
PLEASE NOTE:
We have suspended the sale of The Stuird CD and the Postal Employee Disk until further notice.
 

 


About Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
Advertise With Us | Contact PEN

 
 Copyright © 1997 To Date Postal Employee Network - All rights reserved.