|GO > PEN HOME | Forums | SiteMap | On The Job Injury | Resource Gateway | Member Central | Change Your Address | Contact Us | Search|
Pay Administration Information for Postal Employees
Bargaining Unit Employees - Rate Schedule Codes
Bargaining Unit Employee Classifications
a. Full-time employees - career annual rate employees who are assigned to work schedules of five 8-hour days in a service week.
b. Part-time employees - employees categorized as one of the following:
(1) Part-time regular employees - career hourly rate employees who are assigned to work regular schedules of less than 40 hours in a service week.
(2) Part-time flexible employees - career hourly rate employees who are available to work flexible hours as assigned by the Postal Service™ during the course of a service week.
c. Rural carriers - employees categorized as one of the following (although only regular rural carriers and rural carrier associates may be added to the rolls):
(1) Regular rural carriers - career annual rate employees assigned to established rural routes on the basis of triweekly, 5, 5 1/2, or 6 days in a service week.
(2) Rural carrier associates (RCAs) (hired on or after 04/11/87); rural carrier reliefs (hired between 7/21/81 and 11/12/86); or substitute rural carriers (hired prior to 7/21/81) - noncareer employees with an indefinite appointment are assigned as leave replacements on one to three established rural routes during the absence of the regular rural carriers. RCAs or substitute rural carriers also may be temporarily assigned (a) to vacant rural routes pending the selection of regular rural carriers, (b) to routes for which the regular carrier is on extended leave, (c) to auxiliary routes as auxiliary rural carriers, or (d) as auxiliary assistants.
(3) Auxiliary rural carriers (hired prior to 1981) - employees who
serve auxiliary rural routes (those not designated as regular rural
routes). Normally, such positions are filled by the temporary assignment
of substitute rural carriers or rural carrier associates, or by rural
carrier relief employees. However, if these are not available, qualified
noncareer hourly rate employees may be appointed for a limited term.
Pay for Performance - PFP
416.2 Eligibility Requirements
416.22 Management Association Officials
a. The percentage increase is equal to the National Performance Assessment score (national rating).
b. The adjusted salary may not exceed the maximum of the range for the employee's grade.
c. The employee is not eligible for a PFP lump sum.
Note: All information correct when posted. Please see the USPS ELM and Postal Bulletin for possible updates.